- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 cup of brown rice flour
- 2 tbls of arrow root
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can of sliced water chestnuts
- 1/3 cup of frozen edamame
- 1/3 cup of match stick carrots
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbls orange zest
- 1 tbls garlic chili sauce
- 1 tbls grated ginger
- To make the marinade, whisk together chicken broth, orange juice, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, orange zest, chili sauce, and ginger.
- In a plastic storage bag or bowl, combine chicken and 1/3 cup of the marinade; marinate for at least 30 minutes, turning the occasionally. Drain the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade.
- Heat remaining marinade over medium heat. Bring to a boil and stir in 2 tablespoons arrow root combined with 2 tablespoons water. Stirring frequently until thickened about 1-2 minutes; Add edamame and water chestnuts to sauce and keep warm.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan.
- Working a few at a time dip the chicken into the eggs then dredge in the rice flour pressing to coat.
- Working in batches fry chicken until golden brown and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Add carrots to sauce.
- Serve over rice. Add rice, sauce, then chicken to keep the chicken crisp. Top with green onions and sesame seeds.